March 8th, 2006
|03:57 pm - Lovely Smarch weather|
Ahoy and avast. It's the middle of essay season, but I seem to be holding my own. Got my Egyptian religion midterm test and my Mesopotamian history midterm assignment back; both in the 90s, so I'm happy there. In Baltic folklore we read a Lithuanian folktale about Jesus Christ handing out cigarettes at a funeral, and tasted some really awful Estonian chocolate made from lentils. It's what I imagine the chocolate rations in 1984 would be like. Victory Slab, or something.
Speaking of conflicts of ideology, there's a Googlebombing afoot. The hilarious ladies over at Smart Bitches, Trashy Novels (one of my favourite sites, incidentally; check out their romance novel cover reviews!) are busy making Republican Senator Bill Napoli into the next Rick Santorum. Please be warned that the link to Napoli's name contains potentially upsetting language regarding rape (and the Santorum one is just plain gross). Why would I link to such a thing? Because he's an evil little fucker who deserves his name dragged through the mud (the article itself is mind-boggling, but Napoli's bloviation is about two-thirds down the page. So, link, spread, mock, and if you're in the U.S., vote like hell! I do feel sorry for the Italian city Napoli (aka Naples); if they ever get wind of this, perhaps they can contact the good senator to ask for their name back?
And part two in things I love about the internet, an interviewing meme! Comment on this entry with "interview me!" and I'll ask you 5 questions, then make your own entry and answer them and ask other to be the interviewees.
1. If you could go back in time and stop yourself from finding fanfiction, would you?
Yes. Granted, it's brought me huge amounts of joy and fun, but it's an addictive element in my life and I would probably be better off without it. But since that's not an option, I intend to happily wallow for the rest of my life.
2. Do you secretly wish you were a hot gay boy?
No. I like being a girl. It would be fun to be hot, though, and I'd love to test drive a penis and a prostate for a few days, find out if they're really all that jazz.
3. You go upstairs and find me and emily dressed in old bridesmaid gowns, surrounded by various seasonal vegtables...what goes through your mind?
"How quickly can I get this hooked up to pay-per-view webcam?"
4. If there was absolutely nothing left to eat...but a cat...would you eat the cat?
Oh, yes. Probably even my own cats, if I could catch 'em. I deeply adore my babies but I do differentiate between animals and humans in that regard. Although if it came down to it, I'd probably eat a human too.
5. Do you have a price? (as in...is there an amount of money for which you're willing to do pretty bad things like...uh...swim in mountain dew or...poop)
Are you offering? Seriously, yes, I do have a price, and it's surprisingly low for things that are merely humiliating or disgusting, as opposed to those that are actually dangerous or evil. I like buying shiny things.
1. would you make out with james marsters if given the chance?
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Not only because I think he's sexy as hell, but because I could then probably sell my own saliva to all the other fangirls.
2. would you like to work out with me in the summer?
I don't know about *working out* working out (though thanks for asking), but I'd love to develop a walking program with you. We could tour the city, keep each other company, see interesting sites, and keep fit all at once.
3. what's your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Chocolate mint chip.
4. how many cats do you think you'll ever have at one time?
Probably four, if my apartment/house is big enough and they all get along. Any more than that and the litterbox duty would become overwhelming.
5. do you want to get cable next year?
I'd like to, if it's not too expensive.
This is an ongoing meme, so feel free to keep me in the hot seat!
|Date:||March 13th, 2006 05:28 pm (UTC)|| |
1. What is your favourite painting?
2. What's the nicest thing you've ever done for another human being?
3. If you had the opportunity for a consequence-free one-night stand with an non-humanoid sentient alien, would you go for it? What kind of alien do you think you'd be in to?
4. What is, in your opinion, the funniest Futurama joke of all time. Pick only ONE, Sophie. A conversational exchange is acceptable.
5. How do you feel about me?