March 8th, 2006
|03:57 pm - Lovely Smarch weather|
Ahoy and avast. It's the middle of essay season, but I seem to be holding my own. Got my Egyptian religion midterm test and my Mesopotamian history midterm assignment back; both in the 90s, so I'm happy there. In Baltic folklore we read a Lithuanian folktale about Jesus Christ handing out cigarettes at a funeral, and tasted some really awful Estonian chocolate made from lentils. It's what I imagine the chocolate rations in 1984 would be like. Victory Slab, or something.
Speaking of conflicts of ideology, there's a Googlebombing afoot. The hilarious ladies over at Smart Bitches, Trashy Novels (one of my favourite sites, incidentally; check out their romance novel cover reviews!) are busy making Republican Senator Bill Napoli into the next Rick Santorum. Please be warned that the link to Napoli's name contains potentially upsetting language regarding rape (and the Santorum one is just plain gross). Why would I link to such a thing? Because he's an evil little fucker who deserves his name dragged through the mud (the article itself is mind-boggling, but Napoli's bloviation is about two-thirds down the page. So, link, spread, mock, and if you're in the U.S., vote like hell! I do feel sorry for the Italian city Napoli (aka Naples); if they ever get wind of this, perhaps they can contact the good senator to ask for their name back?
And part two in things I love about the internet, an interviewing meme! Comment on this entry with "interview me!" and I'll ask you 5 questions, then make your own entry and answer them and ask other to be the interviewees.
1. If you could go back in time and stop yourself from finding fanfiction, would you?
Yes. Granted, it's brought me huge amounts of joy and fun, but it's an addictive element in my life and I would probably be better off without it. But since that's not an option, I intend to happily wallow for the rest of my life.
2. Do you secretly wish you were a hot gay boy?
No. I like being a girl. It would be fun to be hot, though, and I'd love to test drive a penis and a prostate for a few days, find out if they're really all that jazz.
3. You go upstairs and find me and emily dressed in old bridesmaid gowns, surrounded by various seasonal vegtables...what goes through your mind?
"How quickly can I get this hooked up to pay-per-view webcam?"
4. If there was absolutely nothing left to eat...but a cat...would you eat the cat?
Oh, yes. Probably even my own cats, if I could catch 'em. I deeply adore my babies but I do differentiate between animals and humans in that regard. Although if it came down to it, I'd probably eat a human too.
5. Do you have a price? (as in...is there an amount of money for which you're willing to do pretty bad things like...uh...swim in mountain dew or...poop)
Are you offering? Seriously, yes, I do have a price, and it's surprisingly low for things that are merely humiliating or disgusting, as opposed to those that are actually dangerous or evil. I like buying shiny things.
1. would you make out with james marsters if given the chance?
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Not only because I think he's sexy as hell, but because I could then probably sell my own saliva to all the other fangirls.
2. would you like to work out with me in the summer?
I don't know about *working out* working out (though thanks for asking), but I'd love to develop a walking program with you. We could tour the city, keep each other company, see interesting sites, and keep fit all at once.
3. what's your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Chocolate mint chip.
4. how many cats do you think you'll ever have at one time?
Probably four, if my apartment/house is big enough and they all get along. Any more than that and the litterbox duty would become overwhelming.
5. do you want to get cable next year?
I'd like to, if it's not too expensive.
This is an ongoing meme, so feel free to keep me in the hot seat!
|Date:||March 9th, 2006 02:58 am (UTC)|| |
1. What's your favourite scent?
2. What do you like best about living with Alex?
3. What's something embarrassing about Emily that I might now already know?
4. Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?
5. What's the longest you've ever gone without taking a shower?
I'm jealous of your marks. It seems anything beyound a mid 80 is out of my reach. I suppose I would do better at assignments if they weren't always getting pushed to the last minute.
How do you do it? Is it that you aren't in many clubs or other side projects?
1. What does 'self acceptance' mean to you?
2. What is your statement of your Innocense (when you are someaht out of sync with your surroundings and situation, when you are present in the moment like a child)
3. What is your statement of your Experience: (a part of you that is a part of you, like a badge or a scar, not neccesarily a good or bad thing, but a sign that you are living and have lived)
Hope you don't mind the quasi-deep questions, I felt like throwing you some of the questions I get in my acting class for our clown development.
Don't be jealous, chica. I envy you for your great achievements in drama and extracurriculars and such. I think not having too many outside commitments does have a lot to do with my marks.
1. For me, it's mostly been about being able to acknowledge the following: I am not perfect at school. Sometimes I do get very high marks, true, but sometimes I get quite low marks. It took me a long time to learn that school marks do not affect one's worth as person, especially for me, since school has always been the one thing I've been good at. I'm not good at music or sports or art or cooking or anything like that, and I felt like if I didn't always excel at school, then I had nothing to show for my life. Now, I mostly believe that I, as a human being have an instrinsic right to exist and the people who love me do not love me because of my marks. It's all summed up the following quote I have memorized from the Desiderata:
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here.
2. I confess, I really don't understand that question. Although I'm very impressed by the depth of philosophy that apparently goes into clowning.
3. Probably my OCD. It's not really an issue in my day-to-day life, since it's so well controlled by medication, but I am conscious of the fact that without the medication I would be a very different person, and I'd probably also be a very different person if I'd never had OCD at all. It's a reminder that I am a biological being, and that my mind is subject to forces outside my control - ie, my serotonin levels.
Those were good questions! Do you want me to interview you too?
A Statement on Innocense - using your quote - how does it feel to be a child of the universe? Make a statement about a time when you were only following an impulse and it seemed to be socially an incorrect thing to do - when you were out of sync with your surroundings.
Yeah my clowning work gets a lot into philosophy - about being present and aware of everything in a single moment and then letting it flow in and out of you and you move onto something new. Aware of your breath, aware fo the feelign of your feet agaisnt the floor, everything. Well that's the ideal we study. It's a very strange expereince being present in the moment.
My clown has super accute hearing such that the pain of other clown's music made me cry. And then I was also enchanted with shiny objects that I would play witha shiny tin cup for what seemd like ages.
It's fun - one day I'll show you her. I think she'd like you.
|Date:||March 13th, 2006 05:22 pm (UTC)|| |
I'll show you my clown if you show me yours
Make a statement about a time when you were only following an impulse and it seemed to be socially an incorrect thing to do - when you were out of sync with your surroundings.
Hmm, I feel socially awkward a lot, but I don't know if that's exactly what you mean. Maybe, when I was 14 or so, I still linked arms with my mother when we went walking a lot, and my therapist thought it was weird and I was too old for it. So for years I stopped being affectionate with her in public. Then I realized, what the hell did that therapist ever know?
|Date:||March 9th, 2006 07:45 pm (UTC)|| |
This is Sarah Hellespont, from the Daily Snoop...
1. Do you ever plan to have children? Why or why not?
2. If you were not doing anything remotely academic or librarical with your life, what job would you like to have?
3. What's your favourite poem or quote from a poem?
4. Who do you think was the craziest person in ancient history?
5. If you could have an animal body part (tail, wings, retractable claws, extra stomachs, etc) what one would you want?
oh oh oh. do me do me do me.
|Date:||March 13th, 2006 05:28 pm (UTC)|| |
1. What is your favourite painting?
2. What's the nicest thing you've ever done for another human being?
3. If you had the opportunity for a consequence-free one-night stand with an non-humanoid sentient alien, would you go for it? What kind of alien do you think you'd be in to?
4. What is, in your opinion, the funniest Futurama joke of all time. Pick only ONE, Sophie. A conversational exchange is acceptable.
5. How do you feel about me?
|Date:||February 8th, 2011 05:06 pm (UTC)|| |
I want to make some contribute to hellespont.livejournal.com
Quote:When I used to use (DVDXCOPY Xpress) I hardley had any problems, sorry admin for mention that softwares name.Oh my God, how dare you! :P Just kidding :)With random playback issues my first thought would be to look at the media and burn speed. What brand/type media have been using? Burn speed?Have you been watching your system resources as the burn progresses? Buffers staying full?My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
[url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/iphone-ringtone-maker-mac/]iphone ringtone maker for mac[/url]
|Date:||February 9th, 2011 07:03 pm (UTC)|| |
You gathered the useful information people would find interesting here.
I'm not getting anything from decypter, dvdfab or shrink. The files are blank-- duration 00.00 for each and file size reads as 0.01. dvdFab rips in 10 seconds and files are uesless. shrink gives an error message "invalid DVD navigational structure."This has never happened before. Unfortunately, I don't have the technical skill as most people I see posting here. However, I have always been able to backup movies.Does anyone have thoughts about how to help? Thanks in advance!
17 Nov 2010 @ 9:24
[url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/dvd-to-zune-converter/]dvd to zune converter[/url]
|Date:||February 16th, 2011 06:24 am (UTC)|| |
Hello can I post this here?
This is out of my league so I'm afraid I am unable to help any further.Not ever having these problems myself, I can only suggest things to try.I'm assuming all your background programs are turned off, including virus scanners, firewalls and screensavers, also that your computer has enough power and resources to actually copy movies, your processor works hard to do these type things.I'm sorry I can not assist you further. THE LAND DOWN UNDER
|Date:||February 16th, 2011 07:23 pm (UTC)|| |
It's your discovery, good job!
It changes after every so many posts you make. I'm not sure how many posts you need to have in order to have a different name. A mod will have to tell you that.Edit: paddymail posted a good link to check out.
11 Feb 2006 @ 3:34My DVD Arsenal: BenQ DW1650 Drive, Plextor DVDRW PX-740A Drive, Nero 22.214.171.124, AnyDVD 126.96.36.199, CloneDVD2 188.8.131.52, DVD Shrink 3.2, DVD Decrypter 184.108.40.206, DVDFab HD Decrypter 220.127.116.11, VobBlanker 18.104.22.168, RipIt4Me 22.214.171.124, FixVTS 126.96.36.199Proud PS3 owner! PS3 games currently owned: Fight Night Round 3, Heavenly Sword, Madden 07, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Motorstorm, NHL 07, Resistance: Fall Of Man, Tony Hawk's Project 8
|Date:||February 18th, 2011 06:36 pm (UTC)|| |
Welcome aboard Picture Booth PA?
Ok, that was just exceedingly a grand wedding!
Trina and Hank also roughly 400 guests as a consequence a awsome get-together plus the foodstuff was just first order! As well this cool pop group was in concert. The whole ball room appears to be looking similar to our sun, shimmering in golden plus orange. Even the flowers tie in with this cool colors!
A certainly cool event then at hand has been this male from [url=http://www.shifoto.com/]Picture Booth PA[/url]. This individual prepared Images always. This exceptionally nice recall from this great cool festival event.
I, Landon Underwood from Oberstdorf did enjoy it vastly a lot!